Data protection and the Finnish Red Cross
Data protection and registers
The Finnish Red Cross is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients. We value your trust. This page contains our data protection principles, the terms and conditions regarding the use of our website and our register statements.
Our data protection principles
- We process personal data of the Red Cross volunteers, members, donors, clients, partners and school contact persons.
- The personal data is processed in centralised registers at the Red Cross headquarters and between different districts, branches and institutions. The district offices, branches and institutions may also process data outside of the centralised register. The Finnish Red Cross institutions include the Blood Service, the Kontti second-hand department stores, Punainen Risti Ensiapu Oy, Youth Shelters and reception centres for asylum seekers.
- Descriptions and contact details for the data processing carried out by the Finnish Red Cross Blood Service are available on the Blood Service data protection pages at https://www.bloodservice.fi/about-us/privacy-policy
- The data we process is divided into data provided by a user, data identified during the use of online services and data derived through analytics.
- We collect the personal data of those who make a donation to the Red Cross and store it in the donors’ register. The register contains data on donations received via telephone, text message, bank transfer or the internet.
- We use the personal data in our communication, customer service and service delivery, as well as for authorised marketing and targeted marketing.
- We collect and process only necessary data and delete any outdated data as soon as possible.
- Our principle is that personal data is not disclosed to a party outside the organisation. Data may only be disclosed, if necessary, between the Red Cross headquarters, districts, branches and institutions.
Cookies can be used to improve the products and services and display content that the user finds interesting. The most important aspect is to ensure that the services are safe. Our services use both first-party and third-party cookies, web beacons, local data recording techniques, mobile device identifiers and server logs.
An individual user cannot be identified with cookies only, and the service cannot discover things like the user’s name or email address, unless the user has provided these. If the user has logged into a digital service, such as the Oma application, we can combine the data that we have observed about the user with data that the user has provided themselves and which identifies them.
The website’s content is released for use as it is and the Red Cross is not responsible for its accuracy, completeness or reliability.
The Red Cross will not be held responsible for any direct or indirect costs, losses or damage, including but not limited to loss of turnover, returns or profit, discontinued operations or loss of data resulting from the use or interruption to the use of the website or its material. Furthermore, the Red Cross will not be responsible for any interruptions or errors in the information system or telecommunications, or for losses or damage caused by malicious software. The Red Cross is not responsible for a third party’s website or material that the Red Cross website has a link or a reference to.
If you could not find the information you were looking for on this page, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!
The register and privacy statements explain how the clients’ personal data is utilised and collected. The statement has been created in order to protect the clients and to ensure the transparency of the processing, and it is based on the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Privacy Statement – Family caregiver support activities (Omaishoitajien tukitoiminta.pdf)
Privacy Statement – Finnish Red Cross online shop customer register (Punaisen Ristin verkkokaupan asiakasrekisteri.pdf)