This accessibility statement applies to the redcross.fi service. The statement was prepared on 11 January 2021.
The accessibility of the service has been partly assessed by us and partly by our partner responsible for the technical implementation of the online service.
The Finnish Red Cross is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation. The EU Accessibility Directive and the related national act on the provision of digital services do not apply to the organisation, since public-sector bodies are excluded from their scope.
However, the act may become applicable if the organisation receives public administration tasks or if the organisation has digital services the development or maintenance of which are significantly funded through public financing.
Currently, the redcross.fi online service contains no sections or functionalities dealing with public administration tasks and the service is produced with the organisation’s own funding.
Even though the act does not directly regulate the implementation of the redcross.fi online service at the moment, the act may become applicable if the organisation receives public administration tasks or if the organisation has digital services the development or maintenance of which are significantly funded through public financing.
This is why our aim is to make our service as accessible as possible to as many users as possible. Therefore, we want to provide information about the accessibility level of our online service with this accessibility statement.
How accessible is the online service?
The service is partly compliant with accessibility requirements (WCAG criteria 2.1 levels A and AA).
Users may still encounter some accessibility issues on our site. Here is a list of issues known to us. If you notice an accessibility issue on our site not included in this list, please let us know.
Content or functions not fully accessible:
- Colour contrasts have some shortcomings: Image copyright markings and some donation form elements. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- Some attachments, mainly in PDF format, are not necessarily fully accessible.
- PDF files on the site have insufficient heading levels. (WCAG 1.3.1 Info and relationships)
- PDF files on the site have images with no alternative text (WCAG 1.1.1 Non-text content)
- PDF file marking identifiers have shortcomings. (WCAG 1.3.1 Info and relationships) We will go through the essential attachments and make the necessary corrections by 31 March 2021.
- Heading levels do not progress logically on some pages. This feature is related to the publication platform we use enabling the display of content elements in many different contexts.
- The reused content elements may contain headings that do not comply with the heading levels of the page. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Our website contains videos published prior to 23 September 2020. These videos may be missing subtitles. Videos in the online service are displayed as YouTube embeds.
- Accessibility requirements do not apply to videos published prior to 23 September 2020.
- Our website contains files published prior to 23 September 2018.
- Accessibility requirements do not apply to files published prior to 23 September 2018.
If you notice any accessibility issues on the website, first give feedback to us, i.e. the site administrator. You should receive a reply within 14 days.
Using the online form: redcross.fi/feedback
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy with the reply or receive no reply within two weeks, you may file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides details on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Contact information of the supervisory authority:
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility control unit
Telephone number, exchange +358 (0)295 016 000